Let's Take A Ride @ Land Between the Lakes
Time & Location
About the Event
Breakfast & Lunch Served on the Trail Both Days!
Support Vehicle Both Days!
Dual Sport Motorcycles from 250cc to 1200cc's ... This is an Adventure Touring Ride where you will be riding the tracks in your own groups.
FRIDAY: South to North // riding from the Southern end of the park and slabbing it back to camp on the main paved park road.
SATURDAY: North to South // after breakfast, you’ll slab it North and ride the tracks in reverse back to camp.
- You must secure your own RV, primitive camping, or other lodging. Campsites are available at Piney Campground (which is where most of us will be staying) as well as other campgrounds.
- Street legal plated motorcycles ranging from 250cc to 1290cc only. NO STREET TIRES.
- Familiarize yourself with group riding practices: Read the MSF’s Guide to Group Riding.
- Ensure your bike's condition before riding: oil change, battery, gas, and tire condition.
- Minimum gear requirements: DOT approved helmet, gloves, protective outerwear, protective riding boots. See full recommended packing list below.
- Upon arrival / before riding, check in and sign the AMA roster, agreements, and insurance releases.
- Breakfast is served at 9AM both days at a location that will be revealed at check in. Rider meeting at that time.
- Kickstands up recommended by 10AM both days to allow enough time to complete the ride.
- Bring a device with access to the GPS tracks or stay with others who have the tracks. This is a ride-your-own-ride event with no leaders or sweepers. Find a group that rides at your pace and have fun!
NOTE: Some riders may choose to ride at Turkey Bay OHV on Saturday afternoon or stay an extra day and ride it on Sunday. Doing so will not be covered under our AMA insurance. Tires 70/30 minimum strongly recommended. You must aquire a pass to ride Turkey Bay at the OHV park gate and follow all Turkey Bay rules and regulations.
PACKING LIST RECOMMENDATIONS
- DOT Helmet
- Protective outerwear, boots, and gloves
- Layers based on the predicted weather
- Hydration pack with snacks
- License, Registration & Insurance paperwork
- Cash, bank/credit card for miscellaneous
- Mask for public stops
- Rain gear
- Goggles to keep out dust if it's dry out
- Wet wipes, dry shop rag
- Extra oil, spare tire tube, tools, tire guage
LET'S TAKE A RIDE!
Breakfast Day 1 Menu
Capt’n Jon’s Roostin’ Yard Bird Benedict
Eggs Benedict with an awesome southern flair, this ain’t no high falutin’ trail
Breakfast! Piled high and sitting atop some stoned ground cheese grits are 2 poached eggs a slice of country ham and a Johnny Cake covered in Hollandaise (how the heck are we making this in the campground?!)
Breakfast Day 2 Menu
Capt’n Jon’s South Kackalacky Shrimp ‘n’ Grits
Yup, we are going all out on this southern staple with a real twist! This has been the chef’s fan favorite for years on end. You ain’t never had no shrimp n grits like this!
Lunch Day 1 Menu
Capt’n Jon’s Baja Street Tacos
Hey, we’re not in Mexico but we can have some fun in the sun! El Pastor and
Carne Asada street tacos with all the trimmings! Freshly made guacamole and
salsa all around to satisfy that food craving while awaiting the feast.
Lunch Day 2 Menu
Capt’n Jon’s Divine Swine – Slow and low smoked BBQ
I grew up in Alabama and know my swine! Whether I was BBQ’ing for
Tailgating or smoking a whole hog for a wedding reception, I don’t skimp on
Quality. Hickory smoked Boston Butt takes time, attention and an all day affair.
Served on a bun with my own coleslaw and twangy BBQ sauce recipe, potato salad and chips on the side to round out this southern staple.
*Capt’n Jon’s own roasted coffee being served at breakfast. When I am not out roosting someone on the trails, I am roasting my own beans!
**If allergic to shellfish (shrimp), please let us know and I will provide the shrimp n grits sans shrimp.
- LBL 2021 LTaR Spring Ride$95+$2.38 Service fee$95+$2.38 Service fee0$0